“My parents always told me I wouldn’t amount to anything because I procrastinated so much. I told them, ‘Just you wait.'” – Judy Tenuta
Are you procrastinating on something that’s important to you?
Why? Many of us wait for perfect circumstances to take action on our projets, dreams and goals. We tell ourselves we’ll do it when we have more time, money, confidence, energy, freedom – fill in the blank.
The problem with that?
We’ll never have more time than we have right now. As my mom used tell me, “A year from now, you’ll wish you had started today.”
What is a project you’ve set aside that you really want to finish? What is something important to you that you’ve been putting off?
Review these quotes. Select a favrorite and post it where you’ll see it every day to inspire you to take action on something that matters to you so you’re leading a life that leads to results, not regrets.
1. “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela
2. “If you don’t go; you’ll never know.” – Robert DeNiro
3. “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t; you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
4. “Are you doing what you’re doing today because it works; or because it’s what you were doing yesterday?” – Dr. Phil McGraw
5. “At the moment of truth, there are either reasons or results.” – Chuck Yeager
6. “Let us always be open to the miracle of a second chance.” – Rev. David Steir
7. “I have heard every excuse in the book, except a good one.” – Bob Greene
8. “Are you putting aside what you want most for what you want now.” – Zig Ziglar
9. “It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis.” – M. W. Bonano
10. “I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.” – Belle from Beauty in the Beast
11. “Don’t just follow your dreams; launch them.” – Sam Horn
12. “The trouble is, you think you have time.” -Buddha
13. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Canfield
14. “Once you’ve done the mental work, there comes a point you have to throw yourself into action and put your heart on the line.” – Phil Jackson
15. “Perhaps we never really appreciate anything until it is challenged.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
16. “When we neglect what matters most to us, then that becomes the matter with us.” – -Paula Reeves
17. “The scariest moment is always right before you start.” – Stephen King
18. “To feel, think, love and learn; surely that is being alive and young in the real sense.”- Freya Stark
19. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change we seek.” – Barack Obama
20. “Some people get stuck because they keep telling themselves stories about how stuck they are.” – Pinterest post (unattributed)
21. “If you don’t have a dream; how ya gonna make a dream come true?” South Pacific
22. “Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” – W. H.Murray
23. “Life expands or contracts in proportion to your courage.” – Anais Nin
24. “Nothing will work, unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
25. “I shall tell you a great secret, my friend. Do not wait for the last judgment. It takes place every day.” – Albert Camus
26. “It gets late early out there.” – Yogi Berra
27. “Don’t tell it like it is, tell it like you want it to be.” – Esther Hicks
28. “The most important things aren’t things.” – Ann Landers
29. “We don’t stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
30. “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with you one wild and precious life?” – Mary Oliver
Okay, I’m a roll and can’t stop. Here are a few more favorites. Hope they help you realize that “Someday is not a day in the week” (the title of my upcoming book) and you choose to set something in motion today that contributes to the quality of life you want, need and deserve.
31. “I didn’t change. I just woke up.” – Anonymous (I wrote about this here.)
32. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
33. “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” – Carl Sagan
34. “Life, for many of us, is one long postponement.” – Henry Miller
35. One of my favorites: “Tomorrow is another day, but so was yesterday.” – Rene Ricard
What are you waiting to do?
Begin it today. You will NEVER regret starting a project that calls you, finishing something you can be proud of, or spending time on what puts the light on in your eyes. You’ll only regret not doing it sooner.
– – –
Sam Horn, CEO of the Intrigue Agency, has helped thousands of clients create quality books, brands and presentations that scaled their impact – for good. Her TEDx talk and books Tongue Fu!, POP!, and Washington Post bestseller Got Your Attention? have been featured in New York Times and on NPR, and presented to YPO, Intel, NASA, Capital One, Nationwide. Want Sam to share her inspiring insights with your group? Contact Cheri@IntrigueAgency.com
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.